This report deep dives into each type of adaptive steering and provides a comprehensive analysis of the technologies.
It analyzes the market trends in Europe and discusses their impact on the growth and performance of each type of adaptive steering solution. The report also includes OEM competitive aspects such as technology penetration forecast by OEM and vehicle segment.
While the automotive sector strives toward automated driving, certain segments within the industry are expected to witness a drastic shift in demand, technological development, and deployment. One such segment is steering. While the pace of innovation in automated driving has slowed due to COVID-19, the gradual transition toward the development of a vehicle with a driver out of the loop is imminent.
Adaptive steering, which has gained traction primarily among premium end vehicles, is expected to be affected by such developments. While the short term focuses on semi-automated vehicles, this offers a window of opportunity for steering technologies, especially for adaptive front steering (AFS), which will have to compete with developments in other technologies such as steer-by-wire.
The basic adaptive steering mechanism comprises obtaining the vehicle speed data from the sensors and through its actuators enhance or reduce the front steering ratio or provide rear-wheel angular movement, depending on the availability of the technology in the vehicle. This not only improves the comfort and maneuverability in urban conditions but also offers directional stability while making lateral displacements at high speeds.
AFS varies the steering ratio in only the front wheels, while rear-wheel steering (RWS) offers rear-wheel angular movements that either turn in the opposite or same direction of the front wheels, depending on the vehicle’s speed. All-wheel steering (AWS), on the other hand, is a combination of AFS and RWS, offering the functionalities of both systems.
Key Issues Addressed
- How is the adaptive steering market forecast to grow and the key trends expected to impact growth?
- How are the take-up rates of various adaptive steering types projected to evolve between 2019 and 2030?
- Which are the vehicle segments forecast to lead the adaptive steering market growth?
- Which are the OEMs currently offering adaptive steering, and what is their market share?
- What are the types of adaptive steering OEMs offer and in which segments of their vehicle line-up?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Adaptive Steering Market
- Types of Adaptive Steering
- Adaptive Steering Market Analysis
- OEM Analysis
2. Strategic Imperatives
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative
- The Impact of the Top Three Strategic Imperatives on the Adaptive Steering Market
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine
3. Growth Opportunity Analysis, Adaptive Steering Market
- Adaptive Steering Market Scope of Analysis
- Key OEM Competitors for the Adaptive Steering Market
- Adaptive Steering Market Segmentation
- Key Market Metrics for the Adaptive Steering Market
4. Technology Overview, Adaptive Steering Market
- Adaptive Front Steering Schematic, Adaptive Steering Market
- Adaptive Front Steering Types, Adaptive Steering Market
- Adaptive Rear Wheel Steering Schematic, Adaptive Steering Market
- Rear Wheel Steering Types, Adaptive Steering Market
- Adaptive All Wheel Steering Schematic
5. Market Analysis, Adaptive Steering Market
- Growth Drivers for the Adaptive Steering Market
- Growth Restraints for the Adaptive Steering Market
- Forecast Assumptions, Adaptive Steering Market
- Technology Penetration Scenario Analysis, Adaptive Steering Market
- Technology Penetration by Type, Adaptive Steering Market
- Market Share by OEM Group, Adaptive Steering Market
- Market Share by Vehicle Segment, Adaptive Steering Market
- Market Share by OEM Type, Adaptive Steering Market
6. OEM Analysis, Adaptive Steering Market
- Competitive Environment, Adaptive Steering Market
- Competitive Environment – Overview
- OEM Group in Focus – Volkswagen Group
- OEM Group in Focus – Ford Group
- OEM Group in Focus – Renault Nissan Mitsubishi Alliance
- OEM Group in Focus – BMW Group
- OEM Group in Focus – Daimler Group
7. Growth Opportunity Universe, Adaptive Steering Market
- Growth Opportunity: Technology Innovation for Cost-Effective Deployment
8. Next Steps
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/za4sm8
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets